Tuesday, June 16, 2009

UK Basketball--Preseason #2

Gary Parrish, Senior sports writer for CBS Sports, released his Preseason NCAA basketball rankings today. That is right UK fans. We are ranked #2. I know! I know! Preseason rankings are not worth the paper upon which they have been written. I will be the first to admit that rankings do not win games for your program, but this particular year I can't help but get excited about this ranking and some of the others that have been released.

My excitement stems from the fact that we are finally relevant again in the college basketball world. It has been a number of years since our program has been relevant in the minds of those "brilliant broadcasters". Please excuse me. I meant to say basketball analysts. Over the past several years it seems as though those analysts such as Hubert Davis, Doug Gottlieb, and a few others have gotten a kick out of kicking Kentucky while we were down. I know the UK program has been down from what is expected, but these analysts never failed to point out just how bad it had become.

I have been a UK fan through thick and thin and always will be. What I'm getting at is the fact of how much fun this season should be for the UK fan base. Not only do we have one of the finest coaches in the country running our program, we also have one of the most talented teams in the country and should no longer have to listen to our program being dogged by those "brilliant broadcasters"! Did I say that again?

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post, I agree with you it's about time we UK fans get to feel good about our team and you just watch and see if the so called experts don't jump on the band wagon when we start winning championships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While we are back on the right track by getting big time recruits we must perform on the court playing run and gun UK basketball. Win or lose this first year if our style changes then I will be happy again. Can't wait to hear Dick Vitale jump on board.

    ReplyDelete